Tuesday, June 20, 2006

and behold...THE LUGGAGE

Day seven i Nepal, and my luggage arrives. A miracle. Gulf Air were even generous enough to offer me 350 nKr in compensation. Joy. So from now on the fieldwork is starting. Tomorrow I'm hoping to visit the office of the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist Leninist). Behind that cool sounding name is a party with the same policies of SV in Norway. But I have to say that CPN(UML) sounds way better than Sosialistisk Venstreparti.
The rainy season also started today, so hopefully things will cool down a bit and all the mosquitos will die.

On the peace side things are still looking good, but the Maoists appearently took over some village development comitee in the countryside, which was a breach of the earlier agreement between the seven party alliance and the Maoists. Most likely, it's only a detail and will have no effect on the peace process.
Talking about the peace process, things are surprisingly calm here. There are many tourists, and things look very much like they did the last time I was here.

That it for now. I'm going to my room to listen to the rain and the fan.
If you get bored, check out the fantastic website of the Maoist party.
www.cpnm.org

No comments: