Saturday, June 24, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore

Saturday arrives. And I have decided to take the weekend off. Managed to sleep until 11. But when I got up I realized, "there is nothing to do here". Sure, I could visit a temple or check out some old Newari architecture, but I don't know. I could also just sit on the internet all day and wait for the world cup to begin.

Yesterday, as I was walking home, I met a man from Iran looking for a place to dance. I told him that unfortunately I couldn't help him, and he told me that he was in Nepal to forge money. One of the more interesting conversations I've had so far I have to say.

The plan is to meet the maoists on monday, and in preparation for it I have read some old interviews with them.
I end todays blog by these wise words of CPN(Maoist) standing commitee member Baburam Bhattarai.
"Down with the imperialists, down with all feudalists, reactionaries and comprador buourgeise. Down with all opportunism, revisionism and rightist tendencies. Long live the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist)."

No comments: