Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Captain where art thou?

And there he is!
In a small embroidery shop, they have actually specialized in selling t-shirts with motives from Tintin.
And, on the wall, I spotted a t-shirt with the great Captain Haddock. Utilizing his superpowers to down a bottle of whisky without getting hung over. The Nepali have a good eye for superheroes. I'll give them that. Needless to say, I immediately bought this fantastic shirt.

Except for this bargain, the day has been busy with Nepali class (do you see laanekassen, I'm sticking to my part of the agreement?), interviewing people from the British embassy, and meeting Ratu who is a journalist from India. And all this in the same day. At the level of work I performed in the beginning, this would have been a weeks work. But now I am oh so efficient, and plan to keep it up for the rest of my stay. Or maybe just intil the weekend, or tomorrow. But I would just like to state for the record that, today, I've done a good days job.

On the side I can also inform that the British conception of peace in Nepal is "an end to violence and a stable, inclusive democracy." Well, that certainly sounds good. At present, we'll overlook the fact that the UK in 2003 gave to Mi-17 helicopters to the Royal Nepali Army, which they have used to fly over villages and drop mortar shells. On question, the UK's view is that this is a bad thing, and not something they encourage the RNA to do.

Until next time, keep it simple stupid (KISS). Formerly known as knights in satans service.

No comments: