Monday, July 24, 2006

Honk if you're horny

After six weeks in Kathmandu's tourist headquarter Thamel, I have built up a large amount of frustration over the constant honking of car horns. But, I am clever. I have a blog. If I post a message expressing my problems, Nepali drivers will read it, and understand.

Dear Drivers of Nepal.
If there is traffic jam in front of you, do you think it will disappear if you push your horn relentlessly for 5 minutes? Do you think that people organize traffic jams because they want you to show off your horn? Do you think i appreciate having a motorcycle horn at full power 50 centimetres from my ear?
And why the hell do every single truck in Nepal have "Horn Please" painted on the back?
Is it a karma thing? Do you get to Nirvana if you push your horn enough?
Is Jesus just waiting for all christians to honk their horns, to signal doomsday and the return of God?
I don't know. i'm just asking questions.

What else is new is that I have bought a green aluminum water bottle. Luckily enough, it was already water in it when I bought it. So no need to fill yet.

Until the revolution comes, honk at your own peril.

No comments: